2014-2015 Registration Information
For the 2014-2015 school year, Lincoln will have both an early registration process and a traditional registration. Required registration forms were mailed home with report cards and can be found here if additional copies are needed.
Lincoln offers an early registration process in order to allow for you to avoid the rush of 2200 students. This process has changed from the past. Now, if you choose to register early, you will NOT have to return for traditional registration. In order to participate in early registration, students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Student must be present to have his/her picture taken for the student ID
- All past obligation(s) must be paid before, or at the time of early registration (you can check this on Infinite Campus)
- All current fees as described on a document in this packet must be paid at the time of early registration. You may pay these in person or online. (Yearbook purchases are separate and ordered online only at www.jostensyearbooks.com).
- If you want a parking permit (11th and 12th graders only), you must bring your driver’s license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance.
- Bring all registration documents with you to early registration.
Early Registration will be held during the following time sin the office on the main campus:
- June 23 – June 27, 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (10th – 12th graders ONLY)
- July 7 – July 18, 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (all grade levels)
Every student must register every year. For students who did not take advantage of Early Registration, the final dates for this process are listed below:
- Wednesday, July 30: Seniors – 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Juniors – 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday, July 31: Sophomores – 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m, Freshmen – 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 1: Noon – 7:00 p.m. – make up for all grade levels
Please plan to register on your assigned day. A family with students in multiple grades may register all family members on the same day. Traditional Registration will occur in the Commons on the main campus. The following items need to be brought with you for Traditional Registration:
- Past and current fees (do not include yearbook money with Lincoln fees, all yearbooks must be ordered online). See fee schedule below for information regarding current fees.
- Student Contact Information Sheet with corrections
- Annual health information form with release to dispense Tylenol/Ibuprofen
- Registration Consent Form
- Cell Phone Texting Permission Form
- Home Language Survey (for incoming 9th grade and other new students to LHS)
*Note: Parents do NOT have to attend with their student if all forms are completed and fee payments are sent with the student. However, the student ALWAYS has to attend both Early or Traditional Registration for their photo ID.
Fees for Payment at Registration
- District Textbook Fee: $65.00 – this fee is charged by the Des Moines Public School District for all high school students. If you qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch, this fee may be fully/partially waived IF YOU SIGN THE WAIVER FORM OR CHECK THE BOX ON THE ONLINE FORM
- PE Shirt: will be available for purchase through the PE department after school begins
- Student Activity Ticket: $55.00 – Good for all Lincoln home and CIML away games. Not good for State competitions. Also allowed to instrumental and vocal concerts and discounts for drama events.
- Band Uniform Fee: $40.00 – charged to band students for maintenance of band uniforms.
- Band Instrument Rental: $25.00 – charged to band and orchestra students who rent district instruments.
- Outstanding obligations from previous years: varied – temporary IDs, textbook fees, lost library and textbooks, parking citations, etc. You may check on-line using Infinite Campus for past due fees.
- Library obligations: varied – bar-coded textbooks and library books not returned.
These fess (except the Library Obligations) may be paid by credit card online using http://dmps.revtrak.net at home, or laptops will be available for your use if you choose to pay be credit card during registration. If you pay online at home, please print out the payment receipt and bring it to registration with you as proof of payment. At this time, personnel at Lincoln cannot take credit card payments, only cash or check.